Increased threats are calling on schools to take action. Do you have the resources you need to keep your students and staff safe during fires, active shooters, natural disasters and lockdowns?
ASSESS YOUR SCHOOL’S SAFETY
Schedule your free assessment today and let Fairchild Communication Systems, Inc. walk you through possible products and solutions for a safe and secure environment.
Fairchild Communication Systems, Inc. uses the Partner Alliance for Safer Schools (PASS) guidelines for Emergency Notification, Video Surveillance and Visitor Control to assess your school’s safety.
- Nearly 40% of all school fires are started intentionally
- U.S. fire departments respond to approximately 5,690 fires at education buildings each year
Source: National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Around 1,200 tornadoes occur in the U.S. every year
- Around 24 tornadoes occur in Indiana every year
- The average lead time for a tornado warning is 13 minutes, but some can have little warning at all
Source: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and U.S. Tornadoes
- Indiana reported 20 bomb incidents in 2015-2016
- Since 2011, there has been an increase in bomb incidents of 1,461%
- There were 206 school-based bomb incidents, an average of more than 10 threats per school day across the U.S. in 2016
- 79% of schools respond to bomb incidents by evacuation
- 53% of bomb threats are delivered by phone call
Source: The Educator’s School Safety Network
- In all of 2017, there were 44 shootings in elementary and secondary schools, resulting in 25 deaths and 60 injuries
- In 2018, there have been 28 shootings in elementary and secondary schools, resulting in 40 deaths and 66 injuries
- The average school shooting lasts 12.5 minutes
- The average police response time is 18 minutes
- School shootings that involved a homicide reduced student enrollment and depressed students’ standardized test scores by nearly 5%
Source: Gun Violence Archive, SchoolGuard and Everytown Research
No matter the location, school size or type of education system, emergencies can happen anywhere, at any time. When they happen at your school, your technology for alerting and communicating must be effective and efficient.
Do you want to see how protected your school is?
Download our emergency preparedness assessment.
At Fairchild Communication Systems, Inc., we listen to your challenges and goals, analyze your current systems, create a tailored communications plan and integrate the proper systems you need to operate on budget with increased efficiency and enhanced protection.
What are some ways we can improve security in your school?
- Access control
- Video surveillance
- Mass notification system with emergency alert systems and digital signage
- Fire alarm
- Intrusion detection
- Administrator and staff training
- Regular maintenance and inspection
FOLLOW ALONG WITH US IN THE NEWS